Men in the Midwest Community are
RISING to stand against Domestic Violence
Violence against women is a serious problem:
- Over 12 months, on average, one woman is killed every week as a result of intimate partner violence.
- A woman is most likely to be killed by her male partner in her home.
- Domestic and family violence is the principle cause of homelessness for women and their children.
- Intimate partner violence is the leading contributor to death, disability and ill-health in Australian women aged 15-44.
- One in three women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence perpetrated by someone they know.
- One in four children are exposed to domestic violence, which is a recognised form of child abuse.
- The cost of violence against women to the Australian economy is estimated to rise to $15.6 billion per annum.
The Men’s Rising Breakfast 2017 Details: TBA
The 2016 Men’s breakfast produced this awesome piece of art work “Stop it at the Start”. The canvas was painted by the talented Mr Shah Jackey. The 25 men who gathered to discuss the issues of domestic violence were encouraged to come up with action words to stop violence at the start and write them on the canvas.
Challenge “Learnt Tolerance” it’s “Not Acceptable”, more “Communication and Education” and “Respect and Education”
A BIG thank you to all the men who attended this year to support the awareness of this very important issue. A special thank you to MC Grant Woodhams, guest speaker Nick Duigan and the MRB sponsors – Queens IGA, Orana Cinemas, The Hon. Darren West, Fremantle Dockers, West Coast Eagles, Celebration Wonthella, Skeetas and Geraldton Fruit and Veg.
“Let’s stop it at the Start”